Saturday, April 04, 2009

A very vivid, rather wacky dream

Last night I dreamt that I'm trying to get to my new doctor's office for an appointment. The night is very rainy, and I'm trying to find an address in a neighborhood I'm unfamiliar with. I trip and drop my purse in a puddle (and I love my purses).

According to the folks at dreammoods.com, I have issues.

To dream that I am seeing the doctor indicates my need for emotional and spiritual healing. That it takes place at night indicates issues in my life that I am facing, but that aren't too clear. The storm represents unexpressed fears or emotions. The puddle is feelings that have been downplayed and overlooked. My purse represents secrets, desires and thoughts which are being closely held and guarded.

I think it means I'm having a hard time dealing with my mom's illness … and her mortality. She's over 70 and this is her second hospitalization in two years. It's scary and I don't like it. While I'm certain that she will come home and resume her normal life next week, I can't ignore that my previously healthy mother suffers from emphysema, COPD, and a propensity for pneumonia. It's sad and leaves me feeling helpless and unhappy.

1 comment:

  1. What a cool idea for a website. I'll have to check it out myself.

    Now, listen up, Galfriend.
    There is nothing worse than dealing with aging parents and all the worries that go with that. The worst part, of course, is the feeling of helplessness. You are the parent. They are the child. It is all wacked and weird and stressful and uncomfortable and just.....wrong.
    But you are savvy and smart enough to at least recognize your "issue" and try to comprehend your emotional roller coaster.
    Your issue is perfectly normal and part and parcel for people our age. Oh joy.
    And so many times we want to help and they won't allow it.

    It is sad.
    I'm sorry you're going through this. It weighs on the back of your mind all the time, doesn't it?

    Embrace the sad for awhile.
    Tomorrow will be better.

    Now, have I said all the useless platitudes I can think of? Hmmm...no. One more.
    Just cry, dammit, just cry.

    There. That felt right.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.