Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Someone to hang onto

Good news! My mom should be home this afternoon or this evening! She doesn't sound so good -- tired and distracted. But both her cardiologist and her lung doctor tell her she's cleared to go. Now she only has to get the OK from her GP and she'll be in her own bed, surrounded by her cats, tonight.

I'm so grateful. She's my mommy. I still need her.

What's more, my oldest friend has generously offered to step up to the plate. She says that if my mom or I needs anything, "Put up the signal. I'm there." I've known her since we were in Kindergarten together. I still need her, too.

As I've grown up (older?), many things in my life have changed. But I've still got these two women, who have known me virtually all my life, to hang onto. I'm very lucky.

2 comments:

  1. Great news! I'll have a good thought for your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to hear the good news....and happy to hear you have a good friend to step in and help.
    What a blessing to have a good friend!
    Now just relax about the job....we will pray again for God's protect, with your job & for the business where you work!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.