Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Nice

My mom is home. Fatigued, but happy to be home. I asked her if she wanted me to stay with her tonight and she said no. She craves normalcy, sitting quietly in her own livingroom on her own sofa surrounded by her cats. I'm grateful she's home and that she should bounce back from this bout with pneumonia.

My best friend and I are still us. He's been worried about his own job, especially after having to take several previously unscheduled days off due to, of all things, a blizzard. Consequently he hasn't been as available to converse as I'd like. But he's back, and we're still as comfortable with one another as ever. His dad is getting divorced (again) and the office politics at his agency are disturbing him. But he's reasonably certain I won't lose my job and he's been very sympathetic about my mom. He's my bud. Everything makes more sense when he's around.

I'm still inspired. I've worked out 3 days in a row! It feels good.

So everything in my life at this moment feels pretty good. If only the Cubs had managed to win in extra innings.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad things are going better for you and your loved ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that your mom is back home again. Parents in the hospital are no fun for them OR us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that things are all-around better. And that the workouts are going strong.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.