Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Idol Observation

Let me preface my comments by stating plainly:
I HATE DISCO!

Hated it back then, hate it now.

So I expected to hate "Disco Night" on American Idol. WRONG!

Four of this year's contestants took disco songs and made them palatable, even ENJOYABLE!

Kris was a true original and a pleasant surprise. Allison was a tough cookie with an edge. Danny and Adam were, again, the best. Nothing new there. But this is the first time I'd give the night to Danny. Strictly personal preference, because I like "September" and thought he did it justice, while Adam's slow and passionate "If I Can't Have You" just seemed to emphasize how redundant the lyrics are.

Lil's going home. Who will leave with her? I guess Matt or maybe Anoop. If it's Kris or Allison, I predict the judges will be sorry they used their one "save" last week.

3 comments:

  1. I saw it exactly the same way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try as I might, I really don't like Adam. I'm only half watching the show because, you know, Cookie broke it by being so awesome. hehe I thought Kris did a great job last night and was, in my opinion, the most inventive of them all.

    My pick to leave? Lil or Anoop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I forgot to make my weekly Idol chatter post...

    But I totally agree. You posted what I would have said. Especially about the Judges' Save.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.