Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thinking of you today, Mr. President

Happy Birthday to one of the heroes of my girlhood -- one of the few who actually deserves the adulation of schoolchildren. I fell in love with American history by reading about Abraham Lincoln. He's a leader who changed the world in his own time and continues to inspire today.

This is an old Life magazine shot of his living room in Springfield, IL. I've visited his home many times, and plan on going there many more. Hopefully, this year I'll bring my nephew. I am proud to be from The Land of Lincoln.

1 comment:

  1. I've always been fascinated with Lincoln and remember the schoolhouse lessons. I wonder if kids pay that much attention in civics classes today.

    Hats off to Abraham (so to speak)!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.