Saturday, February 28, 2009

A selfish Saturday

It DID start with a drop off at the food pantry, so I'm not an unredeemably self-centered person, but the rest of the day was all about me, me, me -- and it felt good.

I had breakfast at my favorite coffee shop and continued with my current book -- a "guilty pleasure" true crime tome with little or no redeeming value. Then a massage to work out the icky ooky knots in between my shoulder blades, and a pedicure because ... well ... I wanted one. Then I went to see The Reader. (A perplexing, disturbing movie -- Why did she take her young lover? What was it in her past to screw up her values so much? -- but Winslet was terrific.)

I intend to continue the trend by watching back-to-back episodes of Law and Order while sitting on the sofa, surrounded by cats.

Days like this do wonders for recharging my internal battery and salving my soul.

3 comments:

  1. Wish I was doing the same! Maybe I'll plan for next weekend. What color is your pedicure?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to see The Reader. I'm glad you didn't write a spoiler.
    Sounds like a lovely day.
    Nice feet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:14 AM

    I bought the novel "The Reader" last week when I preordered the new U2 album (I also bought the novel of "Revolutionary Road"). It'll probably be awhile before I actually get to read them, but I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.