Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Heads or Tails #20 -- This Time of Year

"Tell what you do or don't like about this time of year."

Carols make me happy. Right now I'm listening to James Taylor's jazzy version of "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town." He's a new holiday favorite -- I just picked up this CD last year. If you like your holiday music on the mellow side, I recommend James Taylor at Christmas.

I also love listening to Elvis (especially "I'll Be Home for Christmas") and Sinatra ("The First Noel") and loosey-goosey old Dean Martin (he actually sings "Rudy, the red-beaked reindeer") and Streisand ("The Christmas Song").

Most of all, I love Andy Williams at Christmas. I grew up on his family's TV specials, so he's my own, personal, musical Ghost of Christmas Past. I like nothing better this time of year than a "Sleigh Ride" with old Andy.

For more about Heads or Tails, and to play along yourself, click here.

6 comments:

  1. Nice - you named some of my faves! Brenda Lee is another! Happy Holidays to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when Andy Williams had his TV show. He was good back then and his songs are still timeless. :)

    Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Christmas music/songs too... and the movies :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't around for some of those singers,but I still enjoy their music...in fact my hubby is a huge Elvis fan...Christmas just wouldn't be Christmas without the music...

    Merry Christmas...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of those old crooners could certainly do Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.