Friday, October 03, 2008

Tired and sad

I got home from my nephew's birthday party and immediately turned on the TV. I watched the five-run second inning. I saw the errors. I stayed with it as long as I could ... then I began toggling back and forth between the game and the VP debate. I found myself eating handsful of carmel corn (my nephew is selling tins of the stuff for his scout troop), and decided to look away. I had worked pretty hard to reduce my sugar/sweets intake, and while I had to BUY the caramel corn, no one said I had to eat it all -- and in one sitting, no less.

I cannot believe my Cubs lost, and lost so decisively.

It's exhausting.

3 comments:

  1. I know...it's awful. My husband is a lifelong Cubs fan. I had to go to bed while the game was still on, and I haven't talked to him yet, but I know he's probably just sick about it.

    I heard sports guys talking about it on the radio this morning...they say the Cubs CAN win the next three games in a row...but will they? That would be incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I did not watch the game (because I no longer follow baseball), I confess I thought of YOU when I heard the results on the news this morning (after reading your post yesterday) … and figured you’d share your feelings again. My condolences …
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how bad I can feel over a stupid game. I guess because to me, it's not a stupid game at all. It's tradition and family and heroes and sunshine and beer!

    Thank you for thinking of me.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.