Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Magic Number is 11

A 1-run victory is still a victory, which means that the Boys in Blue will go off on their unscheduled two days off as winners.

Kerry Wood was the closer, and naturally, I called out words of encouragement to him via my TV. Somehow my big ol' tomcat Joey interpreted "C'mon, Kerry Wood" as "Squeeze your massive feline body up against mine and watch the end of the game with me." While I didn't invite him onto the sofa with me, Joey was gentle, comforting company for those last 3, nerve-wracking outs.

1 comment:

  1. That's the thing with cats. They'll take any advantage :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.