Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Tuesday Tunes #5

Word Association Week

You know the drill, name the first musical thing ie artist/song/album etc that comes to mind when you see these words:

peace: Give Peace a Chance, John Lennon
love:
All You Need Is Love, The Beatles
sign:
"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign, blocking out the scenery, breaking my mind …" Signs, 5 Man Electrical Band
summer:
Summer in the City, Lovin' Spoonful
trip:
Vacation by the Go-Gos
book:
"If anyone should ever write my life story …" The Best Thing that Ever Happened to Me, Gladys Knight and the Pips
drug:
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, The Beatles
simple:
Don't You Forget About Me, Simple Minds
psychedelic:
She Said, She Said, The Beatles
70s:
Elton John -- he really owned the decade, didn't he?

To play along yourself, or to see how other bloggers responded, click here.

6 comments:

  1. "Signs" was the first one I thought of and it is now stuck in my head LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for visiting! We matched on at least 5 of these that I can see and I like your choice for "book" better than the one I thought of! I started to put down Simple Minds but then changed it so actually that *was* my first choice although I didn't go with it. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of people giving Peace a Chance this time. LOL! And we also got Signs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You weren't kidding about being Beatle heavy this week. Because of the words (peace, trip, drug, etc.) this week, many lists (mine included) had alot of 60s tunes.

    By the way, I really like the song that came to you for "book".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah...love the Signs song...couldn't remember the band when I did mine. we matched on Love and kinda on Simple too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:00 PM

    We matched on a few. Great list. Hope you can stop by mine.
    I forgot about Elton John!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.