Friday, June 27, 2008

Planning my own proper send off

I found this at Layla's Classic Rock Faves, and I think it's a revealing and provocative question:

WHAT MUSIC WOULD YOU HAVE PLAYED AT YOUR FUNERAL?

I take my music very seriously, always have. So I've chosen two songs that I think represent me well, and will remind my mourners of my life. (This is the weirdest exercise!)


"Mary's Place" by Bruce Springsteen
Familiar faces around me
Laughter fills the air
Your loving grace surrounds me
Everybody's here
Furniture's out on the front porch
Music's up loud
I dream of you in my arms
I lose myself in the crowd

Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain
Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain, let it rain
Meet me at Mary's place, we're gonna have a party
Meet me at Mary's place, we're gonna have a party
Tell me how do you live broken-hearted?
Meet me at Mary's place

"Let It Be" by The Beatles
When the night is cloudy, there is still a light that shines on me
Shine until tomorrow
Let it be.
I wake up to the sound of music, Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom,
Let it be.

What about you? Are there any songs you think would be appropriate for your last party?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.