Friday, June 13, 2008

I didn't even know him!

I feel so incredibly bad about Tim Russert's passing. He was a serious journalist and he held to his standards. He also loved what he did and who he covered. He understood that journalism provides a rough draft for historians, as evidenced by this exhibit he did (and that I enjoyed) for the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library in Springfield, IL. As described by Springfield's State Journal Register:

"His videotaped likeness can be seen on a regular basis at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum, where he appears in the Campaign 1860 exhibit, which features Russert hosting a Meet the Press-style discussion of the candidates in the presidential race of 1860."

My Sunday mornings will never be the same, because if it's Sunday, it's Meet the Press.

2 comments:

  1. I so adore(d) Tim Russert. Words can't begin to describe how much. I now have lost a huge amount of interest in the election, because part of the fun was watching him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with your post and cupcake's comment!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.