Friday, June 13, 2008

Good for what ails me

I miss my best friend something fierce …
I am vaguely yet naggingly uncomfortable about my current client project because I can't trust the dillweed I'm stuck working with …
My former boss is healing slowly, so slowly that he actually said he'd "prefer the cancer" to the painful and tenacious stomach malady he's dealing with …
I feel ridiculously sad that "Big Russ" and Luke Russert will have to spend Father's Day without Tim Russert
my head feels all stuffy …
I am distinctly not happy with the way my mid-month finances are going …

So I'm coping by curling up on the sofa with a big bowl of breakfast cereal, watching the Cubs. Sure, Soriano is hurt again. OK, so Gallagher gave up three runs in the first. What of it? This glorious team is never completely out of the running. We've gone from a hopeless 3-0 at the end of the first to an extremely winnable 3-1 at the end of the fifth.

I feel sorry for everyone who doesn't have a team.

4 comments:

  1. Here's to your Cubs. My Baltimorons are, as is their wont to do, sucking hind tit.

    I hope you hear from your best friend soon. And I hope that your premonition - at the very worst - keeps you on your toes and ever vigilant. And I hope your boss recovers without much more agony.

    As for Tim Russert, I'm watching Larry King and wondering if Tim is getting a good laugh. I'm sure that, even in heaven, Tim is rolling his eyes at Larry's addled commentary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:02 AM

    At our house we are fond of singing, So it's root-root-root for the Cubbies... if they don't win it's a shame...

    Peace to Mr. Russert's family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.