Saturday, May 03, 2008

I love this photo


It's a study in boredom and exhaustion as experienced by the most glamorous couple ever. As near as I can tell, it was taken in during the off-year elections in 1962. The President and First Lady appear to be listening to a completely scintillating speech at a Democratic fundraiser. My guess is it was just another long evening in a long campaign season. I love how they're leaning into each other, as though each knows the other finds this painful. He looks bored beyond belief, like he's trying hard to send his mind to the happy place. She has an amused, "how corny" look.

I wonder if the Clintons, the McCains, and the Obamas can relate.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:32 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.