Tuesday, April 22, 2008

NOW he's discreet?!??

Last month, my old boss shared every detail (and I do mean "every") of his proposed prostate cancer surgery. Since then we've exchanged emails and I've sent a couple of "cheer up" cards. Suddenly, last week he went silent. I understood and respected that, since Friday was the scheduled date for the surgery. I imagine that, just as talking about it earlier on made him feel better, talking about it as the day approached may have made him more nervous.

But that was Friday. He was supposed to be home Saturday. I sent this rose plant and it was successfully delivered. (Yes, I saved the 35%, too. Hey! It's the thought that counts!) And I have yet to hear WORD ONE from him!

Could he still be too tired? Trust me, he's not embarrassed about the nature of his surgery -- but I suppose he could be embarrassed if he chickened out … Or (shudder) what if his doctors discovered that the cancer spread?

I'm respecting his privacy, but it's not easy. WHAT IS GOING ON?

3 comments:

  1. He's probably still too worn out. I mean, that doesn't sound like a very fun surgery! Give him a little while longer, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you'll hear from him soon. That was a lovely bouquet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a tough surgery to recover from-he's probably still in a bit of pain, worn out and feeling pretty low. I would think he's just not up for making phone calls just yet, but I'm sure a phone call from you would not be out of place, rather appreciated.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.