Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Gotta give it to the old girl

Hillary Clinton won Pennsylvania. As I write this, it looks like she will have done it decisively, too.

Yeah, her campaign is broke. Yeah, her negative rating is unusually high, with nearly half the country saying there is no way they will vote for her. Yeah, I know she probably can't catch Obama in pledged delegate count.

Yet somehow, tonight she won.

I worked on Bill Clinton's national campaigns in 1992 and 1996 and tonight reminds me something we volunteers were told about Bill and Hill: "They're Weebles. Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down."

4 comments:

  1. LOL...it kinda looks like them too:) I dont know who Im voting for. I dont know if we are ready for a woman for president or a black man but they're both better than McCain...Lord help me before November.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still crossing my fingers for Obama.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's way overdue for this country to have a woman or a black man for president. Or at least for that not to be an issue at all-it should be the person you vote for, their sex or color of their skin should be irrelevant.

    I just don't want either of these people as my president. :-)

    It's been an interesting primary anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is too funny! I was at the election party in Little Rock, AR in 1996 in the freezing cold and I got to shake hands with both Bill and Hillary after they announced he had won when they made their way around the crowd. I love the weebles quote!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.