Saturday, December 08, 2007

Nailah Franklin Update -- An arrest

Remember her? I do. This is Nailah Franklin, the local pharmaceutical sales rep who was brutally murdered last September.

Police have formally arrested her former boyfriend. Separated from his wife, the father of a baby with another woman, this man has quite the arrest record for assault. He threatened Ms. Franklin after she ended their relationship. I choose not to include his name here because this story should never be about him.

Except to wonder why Nailah Franklin -- a beautiful 28-year-old with a solid education, a good career, and a legion of loving relatives and friends who remember her as "not a star, but a superstar," and speak of "her spirited and strong personality" -- wasted her time with such a man. That makes me so sad.

May those who loved her find justice, and may she rest in peace.

6 comments:

  1. Very beautiful and what a waste. I just don't understand the whole intelligent person + a loser = a couple. It goes on all to much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a waste, she was soo beautiful, had her whole life ahead.

    Her family's in my toughts and prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's important that you keep blogging about her. I would never have heard her story, otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am from the Indianapolis area. This is where Nailah was from. She worked for Eli Lilly. It has been all over our news since she first went missing. She had filed for an order of protection two days before she went missing. The system failed her. The protection order had not been granted yet. What a shame. She had realized this was a good for nothing guy. Thanks for posting this story about HER.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Before she worked at Eli Lilly, Ms. Franklin worked at Leo Burnett, a major agency whose offices are not far from the agency where I work. That's why her story moved me so. Her former coworkers were so enthusiastic about recruiting volunteers to look for her, and find her alive. It was obvious that Ms. Franklin touched the lives of people who knew her, her spirit was so vibrant that they were all so willing to believe she could survive her abduction. Those involved in the search were multiracial and both young and old. It was inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:20 AM

    Thank you do much for this blog, it interest me so to read about these situations. I too am a single woman and I use these stories to keep me and my daughters in tha know, it's so sad about Nailah but I am interested in knowing how this jerk murdered her. I pray that we as woman would allow God to lead us and guide us to whom He knows is for us,because we know this man wasn't for her.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.