Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Heads & Tails #12

Today's theme is the Number 3. I'm taking this opportunity to celebrate three of the best cats ever -- mine.

Joey is my ginormous gray and white tom. He really is huge, once actually frightening the cable guy. Poor Joe was turned in to the animal shelter at Christmastime, 1999, because his original family could no longer afford to care for him. Joey loves hearing his name, he loves having his neck scratched, he loves roughhousing with the other cats, he loves powernapping … Joey loves life.

Charlotte Anne is my tiny, tailless diva. She hates Joey. Only she knows why. Every day he tries to play with her, and every day she rebuffs him. This has been going on since she arrived in 2001. She joined us after a fire at the animal shelter -- unfortunately most of her background info was lost. Miss Thing is a picky eater who always has room for Friskies Tender Treats. She is also picky about her litterbox, and has been known to punish a particular spot on the hall carpet if things aren't to her specifications. She is a big help to me when I put my makeup on in the morning, sitting on the toilet seat, chatting with me and sharing her opinions.

Reynaldo is a skinny, beige streak of adrenaline. He was turned in to the shelter as a stray kitten in Fall 2004. I keep waiting for him to calm down and leave his mischievous kitten days behind. The long wait continues. For all his faults, he is very affectionate with me, submissive with HRH Charlotte, and the perfect rough-and-tumble playmate for Joe.

These three are a perfect example of why you should "make adoption for first option." Shelter animals make unique and completely adorable companions!

For more about Heads/Tails, or to play along yourself, visit Skittles' Place.

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:27 AM

    I love your three post for today!! Lovely cats! Have a great Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it cool how animals all have their own personalities?

    I love cats and if we didn't have to add another $30 a month in rent, I would have one. (We already pay that for our dog.)

    I really agree with you about adopting pets, too. Our dog is a "pound puppy" even though she was a year old when we got her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:06 AM

    Great job with the theme!!

    Mine's up here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:47 AM

    I always think it's so fascinating to see how much personality pets have! It's always so fun to notice their differences and to read about them :-)

    Lifecruiser.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun animals! I agree shelters are the place to get your pets. Someday when the kids are older that's where we'll look to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw cute...come on let's have some pictures...I'll search your blog for photos..sorry if yu already ahve lots, I can be thick...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I truly have a special place in my heart for you, my friend! All three of my Border Collies (and my cat) are rescues, and I swear that I will continue rescuing pets any chance I get (although my husband gets a bit nervous about that - because he thinks I may bring home every animal I find - what's wrong with that hehehe).
    I loved the stories of your cats. LOVED your post for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel so bad for Joey, every day- Denied...just think of all those ear washings that Charlotte is missing out on. But then it sounds like Charlotte is above that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great descriptions of those three. I especially love Reynaldo's name. What a hoot! And it seems to match his personality.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Agreed! I've adopted myself quite a few pets over the years...I miss my cats...I had to find them a new home when they figured out I had asthma and was allergic to cats. It was SOOOOO hard! But, yes, they do all have their own personalities and they are terrific company!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.