Sunday, December 02, 2007

Ah. spa!

Yesterday was almost totally a great day! A friend of mine celebrated my 50th by booking two spa treatments for my old, tired bones. First I had the most fabulous hydrotherapy treatment … citrusy steam, scrub and shower for all-over moisturizing. Then we broke for lunch, followed by the most delicious Swedish massage -- important for my poor, tragic, over-moused/over-clicked shoulder. It was wonderful! Pampering, food, and conversation combined left me feeling very zen.

Which was a good thing, because while I was being pampered and fed, an ice storm was taking place outside. The roads and rails were all screwed up. It took me 45 (so uneventful I don't even recall them) minutes to get downtown and 2 1/2 (my feet were soaked and it was so cold on the platform) hours to get home.

My mantra all the way was: "Ah, spa! Ah, spa!"

5 comments:

  1. What a great birthday celebration... well, except for the weather part...

    :-)

    Celebrate early and often is my birthday motto. I still have friends who "owe" me lunches from the end of October!
    ~Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the spa was absolutely fabulous!

    We had the ice storm here - I stayed wrapped in a blanket all day :-)

    Happy 50th!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That massage sounds wonderful. I've never had a professional one. Maybe someday! Actually, what I really want is to pay someone to scratch my back for an hour. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 50th!!!!! :) :) ;)


    After my incident with the massage therapist, there's no way I'll go back! (well, not to her)http://thenononsense.blogspot.com/2007/09/its-long-story.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday. I hope that spa trip has you refreshed to tackle the next 50 years

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.