Saturday, November 24, 2007

Why, you'd think I was a Cub fan or something!

Birthday gift tally:

Cub-related presents lead the way. I've received a Cubs glow-in-the-dark pen (selected by my second-grade nephew and paid for with his own money), a Santa-is-a-Cub-fan (of course he is!) ornament from my Mom, and a book about Cub fandom from my friend "John," who knows nothing about baseball except that it's healthy young men looking fine in tight pants.

Paul McCartney is a close second: I guess that's because it's hard to tell which I've loved longer -- my romantic troubadour or my heroes in blue. So far I've received a Beatle book from my oldest friend and a set of McCartney (solo) concert DVDs, also from "John."

Non-themed gifts include Robert the demonic doll, an afghan, various skin lotions, a book about evading zombies, the roses from my niece and nephew in California, and a gold and black watch (also from my mom).

I believe I still have two gifts left out there somewhere … unless I'm a greedy, presumptuous gal who should just be satisfied with birthday booty already received.


1 comment:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you! I hope your day was absolutely fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.