Friday, November 30, 2007

My tummy hurts

Yesterday I had the most terrific dinner ever! We went to Moto, where the food is delicious, creative and fascinating. Our ten-course meal began with an edible menu, personalized in honor of my birthday, included a Greek salad puree served cold and in a shot glass, bbq pork and baked beans (the beans were cooked, frozen in liquid nitrogen, and converted to thin, spaghetti-like strips that melted in my mouth), and a truffle that tasted like -- and, once in my mouth, had the consistency of -- cotton candy. It was all amazing!

But this morning I woke up with the ickiest gastrointestinal malady. DON'T BLAME MOTO! I know exactly what set this off. Yesterday, at lunch in the cafeteria, I tried the fish. As I was placing it in my "to go" container, I actually asked myself if fish from a buffet is ever a good idea. I should have answered "no." OH! How I wished I'd answered "no."

3 comments:

  1. What a feast for dinner and for lunch, all I can say is> Have you read Kitchen Confidential yet? Makes ordering fish a challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fish. bleh.

    Hope you are much better soon!
    ~Allison

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm soo sorry you feel sick.

    Feel better girl!!! :hug:

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.