Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Heads & Tails #9

Today's theme is ROAD.

As soon as I saw it, two songs from two very different performers popped into my head. All these two have in common is that they are both deeply romantic and fiercely independent American originals … and they're both from New Jersey.

We're drinking, my friend, to the end of a brief episode. So make it one for my baby, and one more for the road … Frank Sinatra of Hoboken, "One for My Baby"

I know you're lonely for words that I ain't spoken. Tonight we'll be free, all the promises will be broken … Bruce Springsteen of Asbury Park, "Thunder Road"

For more information about Heads or Tails, or to play along yourself, visit mememistress Skittles.

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:38 AM

    wonderful choice for Road! I'm not sure if I've heard the Frank Sinatra song yet. Have a great Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:02 AM

    Great take on the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Bon Jovi is from New Jersey too, and they just released "Lost Highways" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:20 AM

    Hey two great songs. Good job coming up with both and I love the "independent american original" comment, so perfect.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mememistress huh? LOL :)

    One For My Baby.. Did you sing Bette Midler sing that to Johnny Carson on the last Tonight Show? It was so memorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love both these songs. I actually choked up when I read the Springsteen lines.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love springstein a lot. Born In the USA is one of my favorite albums.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.