Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Heads & Tails #7


Today, the theme of Heads or Tails is "Train." I shall take this opportunity to applaud Thomas the Tank Engine for all the hours of joy he has brought my nephew.

My niece, his older sister, was passionate about American Girl dolls for a time. I wondered what toy would similarly capture his imagination. It was the pride of Island of Sodor, loyal friend to Gordon and Henry, nemesis of the evil Diesel 10, staple of Sir Topham Hat's Engine Depot … Thomas. It's been a constant source of amusement to me -- one the of the world's great Beatle fans -- that my young nephew knows Ringo first and foremost as The Conductor.

For more information, or to play along yourself, visit the Heads or Tails Mememistress.

7 comments:

  1. Thomas is a major superstar with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiddos?? My 62 year old accountant boss just loves Thomas the train! LOL I even bought him a DVD for his birthday last year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:50 AM

    wow, I'm impressed you know all of their names!! I have four watching and still don't know them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a big Thomas fan, my kids never got into it. But I am glad to hear your nephew found something he loves.
    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You mentioned not having been to England, well you might want to come visit my blog over the next few weeks. Look for more posts titled "European Vacation - Episode #_" I am telling all about my trip and including photos. I have put out Episodes #1 & #2 so far and will be working on #3 shortly. The next one will take you to Stonehenge and Bath. Come back again for more!! Thanks for commenting on my Heads or Tails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My grandkids LOVE Thomas the Train! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I "met" Thomas at a train station in New Hampshire a couple of years ago but never imagined how popular he was with kids.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.