Saturday, August 25, 2007

Rubbing my eyes, thrilled to see it really happened!


After a thrilling Friday night of baseball, I woke up to see it all really is true!

SOLE POSSESSION OF NINTH PLACE. With his 343rd win last night, my beloved, future Hall of Famer Greg Maddux became the 9th winningest pitcher in the history of the game. It was a very hot night in Philly and he ran through more than one jersey, but he did it. The adrenaline rush inspired by a rather dirty play at second woke up the bats, and my fully-grown Precious Moments pitcher reigned supreme. Congratulations, Professor!

SOLE POSSESSION OF FIRST PLACE. The Cubs beat the Diamondbacks and rose to 1.5 games over the Brewers. And the team is doing this without Alfonso Soriano! Just imagine what happens when he returns to line-up!

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.