Monday, August 13, 2007

He has a family?

Karl Rove discussed his imminent departure from the White House in terms of the impact on his family. This is the start of a new chapter in his family's life … he and his family struggled with this decision … the first thing he's gonna do is go dove hunting with his family and friends …

So that's what he going to do with himself instead of demonizing gays or slagging a pair of war heroes (Sens. McCain and Kerry) to win elections? What a lucky family!

He has mentioned wanting to teach. I'd love to sit in on his lectures: The ends justify the means … winning isn't everything, it's the only thing … put the short-term interests of your candidate ahead of the long-term good of your country …

Karl Rove is certainly gifted. But it's an ugly talent. He personifies that question, "What if his power had been harnessed for good?"

4 comments:

  1. I hope his retirement is fraught with his own personal psychological agony and torture. I don't wish ill will on the wife and kids, but I do sooooo hope that Karl Rove experiences his own slice of hell after what he's put this country through for the last eight years.

    Don't even get me started on what I wish for Bush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he's leaving? how did I miss this?

    And if he is leaving, its just to run from subpoenas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a soundtrack running through my head with this news! From The Wizard of Oz it's the Munchkins singing "The Wicked Witch is Dead" and from Sister Act it's "O Happy Day."

    Sadly, it's too little, far too late. I had no idea Karl Rove has a family. Dove hunting? Let's hope he invites Cheney along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somehow I can't see him teaching in the public schools though I am quite certain that Bob Jones University or Baylor would gladly create a position for him.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.