Tuesday, August 21, 2007

August Happiness -- Tuesday 21

The lunchtime cruise with my cousin. OK, raise your hand if you saw this coming. I know, I know … I always dread stuff like this and it's never that bad. Maybe it was the sunshine on a day that was supposed to be rainy, or the unusually good lunch or the Bay Breeze I ordered (to get the souvenir glass, of course), but I had a good time.

When I saw how gray Rose was, I realized it's been two years since I saw her last. None of us is getting younger. She loves me very much and is proud of me. I owe her so much. A few pleasant hours on the Lake, enjoying food and booze and watching the city I love go by is really such a tiny way to repay that debt.

I can be a hideous, awful brat. But at least I'm honest. And hopefully I can learn from today and be a better gal going forward.

3 comments:

  1. You're NOT awful ("awful" would have bugged out altogether!), you're a great gal!

    Glad to hear you & Rose had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:39 PM

    *raises hand*

    I'm SO glad to hear you had a good time!!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.