Monday, August 20, 2007

August Happiness -- Monday 20

Chats. I was only on the phone a total of perhaps an hour today, but those three short calls made me feel so happy and reconnected. My sea-faring cousin called me this morning to confirm our Tuesday plans and, lo and behold, she sounded happy! Maybe tomorrow won't be so bad, after all! Then my best friend called and we chatted as he rode in the cab to his hotel, and that brief, gossipy call reassured me that we're on our way back to being us again. And I called to check on my mom. My niece -- my older sister's daughter -- is on her way back home tomorrow after a few days with Grandma and it was terrific to hear how well their visit went. Those three phone calls will make it possible for me to go to sleep happy tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:18 PM

    Glad to hear your mom and your niece had a great visit! Also good to see that you were looking forward to seeing your aunt - how did it go?

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.