Wednesday, June 13, 2007

My mini Thursday 13 rant

It's Wednesday so I'm contemplating my TT. And I find myself getting pissed anew at a certain fellow blogger who will go nameless (unless I change my mind before I reach the end of this post).

She only reads me on Thursday. Never comes by any other time. And leaves annoying comments on my TT like, "I don't know any of those songs," or "I haven't heard of any of those people." Then she leaves her link.

What a rude little snot! I refuse to be pimped, used just to publish her link!

Especially since her recent TTs were about Calvin & Hobbs! Maybe if she read something in the newspaper beyond the comics, she would have heard of some of the people mentioned in my TT's.

Sigh. I feel better now. Thank you for listening.

6 comments:

  1. if you dont like her, delete her comments like they are spam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week her TT is 13 different Harry Potter quizzes. I felt like leaving a comment, "I can't be bothered to read those books so why would I want to take your quizzes?" but I didn't. I took the high road. I think all that Jackie contemplation had an influence on me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:51 PM

    I get people like that too. Only read the blog for TT, post comments that are totally irrelevant and add NOTHING to the discussion - not even "I liked that book" or "I haven't read any of those books but I'm going to check some of them out" etc. Just so she can leave a link to her TT in my blog comments. Makes me CRAZY! (And besides, how much traffic does she think I GET? And does she think her comments are going to compell anyone to check her TT?)

    OK, I guess this is a bigger pet peeve for me than I thought it was.

    I like the idea of deleting them as spam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit I've left comments like that...especially when it's 13 bible quotes or the like. I just don't know what to say! Or lists of country music songs...I just don't know 'em! And once I'm there, I feel compelled to say SOMETHING lol, so ... sometimes I've said: "Never heard of a one of those songs" or "Nice quotes" and surf on. And "Nice list" or "nice quotes" irks me when someone leaves it for me...which is ironic cause I've done it. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think "nice list" is a completely acceptable response when you have nothing else to say. And "nice list" would be better than what this Calvin & Hobbs/Harry Potter offender does. On the TT homepage I say what my meme is about. The opening paragraph reiterates this. Then, after passing two warnings by, this little snip sniffs, "I never heard of that," as though I am wasting HER time! Like Bookmama, this is a big pet peeve of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ouch, sore subject I see. Yup, I have pet peeves too, I feel your pain :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.