Sunday, June 10, 2007

I want an Elliott/Olivia romance

I've been watching the SVU Marathon off and on all day, and I'm convinced Elliott Staebler and Olivia Benson are in love and completely right for one another. Ah, romance against the backdrop of pedophilia, arson, and rape. I know it sounds kinda sick, but I think it would also be very life affirming. Isn't that a Buddhist proverb? Something about a lotus that grows out of the mud and blossoms above the dirty water? Amidst all this sin and degradation, Elliott's and Olivia's love could blossom and something beautiful could be borne.

Oh, I know, I know. It's just a TV show. But I can be such a cornball mush when it comes to romance.

(BTW, my cat Reynaldo seems to be gripped by the spectre of sexually-based offenses. He's actually being QUIET as I watch!)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:39 PM

    I'm with you! I've always wanted an Olivia/Elliot romance.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.