Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #12 -- Me, me, me!


Thirteen Things about
THE GAL HERSELF
even the most loyal lurker might not know.

I've been writing this blog for nearly a year now, and have undoubtedly (unintentionally) revealed much about myself. So my challenge was to unearth some fresh information for you all.

1. I only move my lips, I don't really sing, at church because I am completely tone deaf. For me, karaoke would be an evening in hell.

2. I can wiggle my ears.

3. I can't wear high heels because of my heel spurs. I suppose that's why I'm so into pedicures. I'm trying to "prettify" my damaged feet.

4. I'm a purse-a-holic. When I'm sad, I must resist the impulse to cheer myself up with another bag. I try never to carry the same purse more than 3 days in a row. I have been late for work because I was changing bags.

5. My favorite color is blue.

6. I have never smoked anything … not even a cigarette.

7. The smell of coffee makes me a little sick.

8. The character in The Breakfast Club that's most like my high school self is Ally Sheedy. I even had a coat with a snorkel hood.

9. Both of my sisters are dark eyed and tan easily. I'm green-eyed and am, in the words of my dermatologist, "as fair as they come." Consequently I grew up believing I was adopted.

10. I maintain my driver's license, even though I haven't actually driven any real distance since the Reagan Administration.

11. I love old, black and white movies, especially with Judy Garland, Katharine Hepburn or Myrna Loy.

12. My cat Charlotte snores.

13. When alone, I drink Arbor Mist Strawberry Zinfandel. However, since wine connoisseurs intimidate and I suspect it's crap, I keep this to myself.



Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Visit Thomalynn's TT in glorious black and white at: thommalyn.blogspot.com
2. Wacky Mommy's pleasure filled TT is at wackymommy.org
3. Jenny's 13 favorite websites are at jennymcb.blogspot.com
4. Check out Bellezza's thought-provoking TT at dolcebellezza.blogspot.com
5. L^2's aspirational TT is at l-squared.blogspot.com
6. Barbara gets thirteen annoyances off her chest at tidbitsandtreasures.blogspot.com
7. Check out Boltbabe's eclectic list of favorite females at thoughtsofboltbabe.blogspot.com




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



15 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:08 PM

    Hee hee! I enjoyed your list. I don't wear high heels either because they hurt -- never could stand 'em. And I have a snoring white cat whose name is Marilyn MonREOW! :-D

    And yes, black and white movies -- I forgot about Myrna Loy and Judy Garland for my TT this week, but yup, they were fabulous. :)

    Happy TT, and thank you for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so have to bookmark you, for someone to say they lipsync in church and enjoy arbour mist strawberry zinfinadel, you gotta love it!

    Breakfast club is one of my all time favorites and I would be Ally, but a little less dark, still insecure!

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to 'meet' a fellow Chicago-an in her 40's! I'm from a suburb of Chicago, but I agree, it is the best city. In the States, anyway. It's challenging being different from the rest of your family, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list LOL! I don't have a cat, but my dogs snore. :-)
    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite colour is blue too, and no one should care what wine snobs think! I like to drink supermarket burgundy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love heels, but don't wear them much anymore, due to hip replacement. And, I love old movies!

    Check out my Thursday Thirteen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never wear high heels, because I'm too stinkin' tall already! :D
    And I LOVE that Arbor Mist...but I suspect you are right about the snob thing.
    Here from TT! :D Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:25 AM

    This is a nice list...I so wanted to know that you have heel spurs. LOL! I enjoyed this. See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous11:29 AM

    Prior to reading you list, I suspected I need help when it comes to purses! I think I'm developing purse dependancy issues. I've gone from never carrying one to now owning 5 with two more in my sites. I feel so much better knowing I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
    My TT is posted.
    Have a wonderful day!
    Happy TT'ing!
    *^_^
    (=':'=)
    (")_ (")Š
    Raggedy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can completely sympathise about coffee. Especially the really expensive smelly coffee that people spend time enjoying the aroma of.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how I envy you #6!! And I have a cat who occasionally snores too *g* thanks for stopping by

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed your list too. I am tone deaf as well. It is a shame too. I would love to be able to sing well.

    Wow on the purse thing..lol I hate purse shopping. I only buy them when one falls apart..lol

    Happy TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol i love your list :-) My dog, Wolf, snores, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great reveals!!

    I can wiggle my ears too! I did a poll once on my blog that revealed that only about 25% of people can wiggle their ears!

    LOL about changing your purse and being late for work.

    I like Strawberry Zinfandel too! Especially on a hot summer day!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the great comment on my Itty Bitty TT!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.