Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Take that, Victoria Principal!

Principal Secret discontinued my moisturizer, Time Release Moisture. Creamy but not greasy, with a decent SPF, I love the contents of that pink and white jar. Her newer products -- from her Advanced and Reclaim lines -- just don't do it for me, leaving my skin feeling tight.

When I was getting my spa facial last week, the cosmetologist told me how "really good" my skin looked and I should just "keep doing" what I've been doing. Much of the credit goes to my new dermatologist, and his antibiotic cream and his laser, but I also believe it's due in large part to my beloved Time Release Moisture.

I've tried countless other creams and they have all ended up on my nightstand so I can use them on my heels. (I have the most expensively moisturized heels in North America!) Until now. This lovely little purple jar from Kohl's Good Skin line seems to work almost as well as my Time Release Moisture, and better than some of the more expensive brands I've auditioned.

Since this isn't the perfect replacement, I'm planning on trying one more, a calming lotion by Aveeno. But at least now I can be confident that once I deplete that last lonely jar of Time Release Moisture, I won't automatically start looking like my portrait in the attic.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:46 PM

    You have no idea how I can relate to what you wrote. I am going thru the exact same experience with the discontinuance of my Time Release Moisturizer and my Gentle Deep Cleanser. I too have searched to no avail. I don't like the Reclaim Cleanser, but I absolutely love the Reclaim Night Cream and I use it as a daytime moisturizer. It is better than the Day cream; -you should try it. I will certainly try the cleanser and day cream Kohl's. I wrote to Principal Secret twice and still have not received a reply. I was using her products for 13 years and I stopped going for facils, because they always told me I didn't really need it. Oh, My backup Moisturizer that I also love "now" is Clarins Energizing Morning Cream. good luck in your quest for the perfect affordable moisturizer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:51 PM

    Has anyone found a worthwhile substitute for VP Time Release Moisture? I too have relied on it for years. It is so light and absorbs so quickly and when I apply my makeup it looks gorgeous.
    My email is elizabethjulia88@aol.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:58 PM

    i no how you feel i have used principal secret for 13 years nothing compares to the original line i just say keep calling to bring it back try hydroderm cream its pretty good and the cleanser but nothing beats vp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:13 PM

    I did a lot of research for this product as well. What I've found is the woman who created the product for Victoria Principal in the very begining. Her name is Aida Thibiant and her website is http://www.thibiantspa.com I'm thinking that these products will be somewhat close to what we are all missing from Victoria's discontinued Botantical Line.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:34 AM

    I have also been using PS's earlier products for about 10 years.PS's Reclaim line leaves my skin with brown spots and lumps and bumps under the skin. If anyone has found a better replacement product please leave a post here.
    dreamgirl 14/04/09

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also loved PS original botanical line and miss it tremendously. Has anyone tried the Thibiant products? They are more expensive, but if anyone will share their results I would be very appreciative. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. VP's Time Released Tinted Moisturizer was the only thing that worked for me. Between friends and my our stock piling I just ran out at the worse time for me. I really need it after my bout with chemo/radiation but I can no longer look nice. What a shame.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.