Saturday, November 18, 2006

My favorite headline

"PRESIDENT BUSH VISITS VIETNAM FOR THE FIRST TIME"

It's about frigging time. Why didn't you bring Cheyney with you? It would be nice if he finally saw Vietnam, too. The President asked for "cooperation" in finding out about more then 1,000 POWs still missing from the Vietnam War. Why isn't he embarrassed, ashamed to ask about those who fought and probably died in his place?

I respect all the soldiers who went. The ones like Senator Kerry and my uncle, who served their country in the jungles but wonder what it was for. The ones who still insist it was worth it. I respect those who fought against the war at home, like Bill Clinton. The ones I don't get are the Bushes and Cheyneys, who supported the Vietnam War ... for someone else to fight and die in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.