Sunday, March 31, 2024

Three Nice Things -- Day 31

 

My blogging buddy, Kwizgiver, wrote a post that really resonated with meShe detailed how self-care helped her helped her prevail during a (ridiculously) tough month. Her tips were very wise and so doable! So she has inspired me to take one and integrate it into my own life.

Since I can be a pretty harsh self-critic, this is the one I chose. I hope I can do this every day during March. By then it should be a habit, right?

Three nice things about myself -- March 31:

1) My faith is natural and strong. God loves me. I know this. I have always known this. Trying to live in a way that pleases Him motivates me. Last night, when I was exhausted but unable to doze off, I felt Him. He was telling me to go to sleep, don't set the alarm, virtual church is OK this Easter. Suddenly I was able to sleep. I like the peace I get from my faith.

2) My sense of humor doesn't fail me. I fed the cats before Zoom church, so I could concentrate on the day and its special significance. I opened a new can of pumpkin puree for Connie (it helps keep her regular) and it had a magic effect on her. She had to have more. Not during the hymns. Not during the sermon. No, she waited until I was supposed to be in prayerful meditation. Every. Time. She would literally put her face in mine. She would knock stuff over. So much for my prayerful meditation. Instead of contemplating the meaning of the day, I was mixing pumpkin with her Gerber baby food. Then, as soon as the service was over, she curled up into a tight little ball and fell sound asleep. Of course she did. I thought it was funny, and I bet God did, too.

3) I love baseball. My Cubs beat the World Champion Rangers, Anthony Rizzo's Yankees swept the Astros. I like that my passions rescue me from darkness. I realize not everyone has that relief.

 

1 comment:

  1. This is a marvelous ending to the challenge! I think God chuckled at Connie, too.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.