Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Three Nice Things about Myself -- Day 13

 

My blogging buddy, Kwizgiver, wrote a post that really resonated with me. She detailed how self-care helped her helped her prevail during a (ridiculously) tough month. Her tips were very wise and so doable! So she has inspired me to take one and integrate it into my own life.

Since I can be a pretty harsh self-critic, this is the one I chose. I hope I can do this every day during March. By then it should be a habit, right?

Three nice things about myself -- March 13:

1) I make notes in my pocket calendar. That's how I remember that next week is my friend Patrick's birthday. I got him a silly little gift (a milk chocolate man wearing white chocolate boxer shorts) that I know will make him laugh. I like that I make small expenditures that let people know they matter to me.

2) I made him feel better. I ran into the owner of the deli I used to frequent. He had to close his doors and he was heartbroken. I mentioned that I thought of his space often and that he was the man who introduced me to sweet kugel. He remembered that I always ordered chicken in the pot and he promised to email his recipe. He put his whole self into that business, so I'm glad I was able to let him know his efforts were appreciated.

3) I lined up new dental insurance. My current coverage (COBRA) expires June 1. If I want a prospective insurer to waive any exclusions, I have to have that policy in place ON June 1. So I shopped around and spent about an hour on the phone but I have a new carrier/policy. Since I worked for large companies since I was a teenager, I have never had to shop for insurance before. I did not enjoy this exercise but I got it done. If I don't take care of me, no one will.

 

2 comments:

  1. I can appreciate #3! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good that you found a new insurance. My husband got an extra policy to cover us both. So expensive even with insurance. I do get free cleaning every six months along with Xray's.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.