Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Three Nice Things about Myself -- Day 11

My blogging buddy, Kwizgiver, wrote a post that really resonated with me. She detailed how self-care helped her helped her prevail during a (ridiculously) tough month. Her tips were very wise and so doable! So she has inspired me to take one and integrate it into my own life.

Since I can be a pretty harsh self-critic, this is the one I chose. I hope I can do this every day during March. By then it should be a habit, right?

Three nice things about myself -- March 11:

1) I gave my oldest friend a chance. I was in a mood Monday night. I just didn't feel like being alone. So I phoned my oldest friend. She's been annoying me lately -- her recent emails have been as artificial and superficial as the mass newsletters you receive from distant relatives in Christmas cards. But I reached out to her last night and she really came through. We had a lovely, funny chat. Like the old friends we are. I like myself for not letting my irritation fester and become a bigger deal than it needs to be.

2) I nurtured a new friendship. I sent Bob and Patty -- the couple I had brunch with Sunday -- a link to my movie group. Maybe they're busy on Mondays. Maybe they can't bear the idea of another Zoom meeting. But I made the gesture. I like myself for that. (I must remember this week to reach out to Elaine. I could be a better friend to her. But this is the place to celebrate what's good and not indulge in negative self-talk, right?)

3) I'm looking at my caffeine intake. I have long limited myself to two Cokes/day. Less than that, and I get unpleasant caffeine headaches. I find, though, that if I have that second Coke earlier in the evening (last night it was before 9:00), I sleep less fitfully. I like that I'm taking care of myself.

 

1 comment:

  1. My doctor recommended just one caffeinated drink per day in the morning. I miss an afternoon pick me up of coffee. Like, right now would be a good time for coffee.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.