Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Thursday Thirteen #332


13 commonly misspelled words.
 According to the website Wordtips, here are the words we stumble over the most frequently. My personal bugaboo, diarrhea, didn't make the list. (And unfortunately, there's no elegant synonym for it.) Is there a word that regularly stumps you in your writing?

1. Coolly

2. Minuscule

3. Sergeant

4. Liaison

5. Protester

6. Supersede

7. Drunkenness

8. Millennium

9. Dumbbell

10. Bellwether

11. Ignorance

12. Playwright

13. Occasion

Please join us for THURSDAY THIRTEEN. Click here to play along, and to see other interesting compilations of 13 things.

 


5 comments:

  1. I don't think I trip over those, really. There are several that no matter what, I just can't spell, and they never autocorrect for me (sigh).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maintainence is one of those words for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a high school English teacher but NOT a great speller. I learned early on to use a dictionary often. Now I depend on spellcheck and Google. This was an interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Should #7 be drunkenness? Because "dunkenness" doesn't appear to be a word.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.