Tuesday, August 22, 2023

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 22

My 2023 happiness icon
Today's Happiness: "We want you!"

So texted my friend Nancy. It was a light-hearted exchange. She wanted to know if I was busy "this weekend." I told her my Sunday was booked but on Saturday, "Nobody wants me. 😢"

I was joking while texting with Nancy but I admit I was feeling a little emotional today, too. Sometimes it feels like my oldest friend is going out of her way to make me feel unimportant. I know rationally she does this unintentionally -- she's doing everything she can to stay afloat while dealing with her very real medical/emotional issues. But still, no one wants to feel incidental.

So while Nancy doesn't realize it, she texted me about Saturday at the perfect time.

  

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.