Saturday, August 12, 2023

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 12

My 2023 Happiness Icon

Today's Happiness: I am the captain of my soul.

After a week where I often checked the train schedule and my calendar, I found myself with a day when I had nothing that needed to be done, nowhere I needed to be.

I made further progress on the biography of Eisenhower -- will I be done by the time it's due back to the library? -- and watched the Cubs beat Toronto. (Yay!) I took a nice long walk to redeem my coupons: extra rewards from Walgreen's and $3 off at my favorite pizza place. Saving money while leisurely enjoying the sunshine was bliss.

Right now I'm watching Dial M for Murder, a very stylish Hitchcock. What will I do next? It's up to me!

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.