Monday, July 17, 2023

My heart is broken

Anthony Rizzo has not hit a home run since May. No homers in June. No homers in the first two weeks of July.

Yankee fans are starting to turn on him. I suppose this is to be expected -- Yankee fans booed Aaron Judge at home during the playoffs last year -- but it's still anathema to me. As a Cub fan, I've never booed one of my own in my life. There are players I haven't like (Carlos Zambrano springs to mind) but I sat on my hands. I never booed. 

Do these boo birds think he wants to strike out? Do they think his lack of production reflects lack of effort? Do they think booing helps anything?

Fortunately the Yankees don't play at home until Friday. Maybe by the end of the week, Rizz' bat will awaken and he will silent the naysayers.



1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.