Wednesday, August 10, 2022

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 10

Today's happiness -- My baby's back! (Pun intended) 

My friend John teases me that I love Anthony Rizzo as intensely as if I'd birthed him. Guilty as charged.

I only get to luxuriate in my favorite ballplayer six months a year, so I  felt it keenly when he was out for five games with lower back tightness.* First of all, I missed him. Secondly, it felt so unfair that he was out on his birthday. No one should feel crappy on his birthday, least of all Rizz!

But today he was back in the lineup. He went 0-4. His timing is off, but he'll rebound.

Also, while I was concentrating on the Yankees, the real team of my heart, the Cubs, beat the Nationals. I love baseball!

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.

 


 *In 2019-20, he and I shared a chiropractor. I touched his framed jersey every time I went back for my treatment, much to the amusement of the office staff.

3 comments:

  1. I don't follow baseball, but I did see the Cubs are playing in tonight's Field of Dreams game and thought to myself, "I know exactly what Gal's doing tonight!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. Just checking in on you, Gal. Hope you're ok. And I love that touched Rizzo's jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will never be able to hear Rizzo's name without thinking of Gal. I hope he knows what fabulous company he's in. You're a one-woman fan club!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.