Sunday, September 19, 2021

Sunday Stealing

More of Those 5,000 Questions

1. If America is one nation under God then are atheists citizens? Only if they were born before 1954, when in our nation's 178th year, we suddenly noticed we forgot to mention "God" in our pledge. I'm being facetious, of course. The USA was designed to be a secular country. That's why our Constitution says there "shall be no religious test" required to hold office. The wisdom of this can't be questioned when you listen to how rabid and un-American many evangelicals can be.

2. Is there anything that you believe should be banned for any reason? I'm not a big fan of banning.

3. How often do you eat too much? All day, every day.

4. If you died tomorrow, what mark would you have left on the world? Every day I try to live my Christian faith -- or, in pop culture parlance, I want to be more Melanie and less Scarlett. I fall short, but I do try. So I'm confident I have done good in small ways that made the lives of others a little better.

 5. Are you a city person or a country person? City person

6. What annoys you the most about yourself? I am lazy

7. Who was your childhood hero? A toss up between Abe and JFK. My family often took weekend trips to Springfield to see the Lincoln sites, and it's a tradition I've continued because I just love that man and walking where he walked. So wise, with so much to teach me! President Kennedy was assassinated on my 6th birthday, which was traumatic for me. It was a gut punch to the nation to be sure, but when you're young and the world stops on your birthday, it leaves a mark.So as I was learning how to read, I began reading about JFK. It's another lifelong tradition (I'm reading a massive biography of his father right now).

8. With nearly 100 channels why is NOTHING ever on? I can always find something I want to watch.

9. Would you adopt a stray kitty wandering through your neighborhood? I kinda did. This is Jeri, the kitten I found under the wheel of a parked car. I took her to the local no-kill shelter. I like thinking of her as a fat cat in a forever home.

Jeri was so tiny, her litter pan was a Lean Cuisine tray

 
10. Which Lord of the Rings movie has the best ending? I have no idea

11. What are you missing in your life? Discipline

12. What could you make a sculpture out of that's in the room with you right now? I have nothing for this, sorry.

13. Do you believe in the lost city of Atlantis? No.

14. Have you ever read The Little Prince? Yes.

15. What fantasy book would you like to see made into a movie? I don't read fantasy books

 


 



6 comments:

  1. Happy Sunday! I used to read more biographies than I have lately. I get going on one genre, and kind of get stuck in that, ya know? A couple of years ago, I was deep in non-fiction "self-help" and now I have kind of transitioned to mystery/crime/suspense/thriller. Go figure. Maybe next year will be biographies. I have some good ones on my shelf. I am just a little younger than you - I had just turned 4 (in October) when Kennedy was killed in November of "63. I remember it well. It was one of those events that made a like-long impact. I have always wondered how our nation might be better if JFK and his brother Bobby had been around longer. I loved your answer on #4. That's me too. I try and fail and try again, but hopefully have made at least a small positive difference. I love that kitty picture. You make me want to get another kitty - but losing them is sooo hard, and right now, we are traveling whenever we can, so that isn't a great situation for having furry friends. We don't like to leave them and kitties don't do well in the car. At all. Hope you have a good Sunday. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your #4 answer. I want to be more like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was 6 months old when Kennedy was killed, so it had no effect on me. The story my mother told was that a neighbor told her while she was hanging up clothes, and she became so upset that she ran in the house, leaving me outside with the laundry. You sound like a kind decent person with more self-esteem than I have. I wonder where you found it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness - the lean cuisine tray for a litter box -- tiny! Just this morning we were discussing the need for a larger box for our cat . . .and we have the biggest one I could find. I enjoyed your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JFK died on your birthday? How did I not know that before this???

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew our birthdays were close--I'm Nov 24. Interestingly (at least to me) is you and my only cousin share a birthday. She was 1 when JFK died. And living in Dallas. She and I were born in the same hospital in Massachusetts and our mothers shared a room after we were born.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.