1) This week's featured artists, The Intruders, sing that they don't know how their mama made it through the week without ever getting a good night's sleep. How did you sleep last night? I slept OK, I suppose. I woke up with a headache, though. One of those where your head just feels stuffy. I think it's from dust and dirt and all the other airborne stuff kicked up by the freight trains that run just nearby. Part of why I chose this condo is the proximity to the tracks. Really, my commute couldn't be easier. But there's a downside to that convenience.
4) Especially for Mother's Day: Access Hollywood named Carol Brady of The Brady Bunch TV's #1 mom. Who is your favorite TV mom? When it comes to TV, Lucy is almost always my favorite answer. I love the episode where Little Ricky has his tonsils out. In the cab (offscreen) Lucy comforts the toddler by assuring him that, when he wakes up in his hospital bed, she will be there. After he's admitted, the staff tells Lucy she cannot spend the night in his room. Oh yeah? Those starched hospital nurses don't know who they're dealing with! Lucy will not be deterred. As she keeps reminding everyone, "I promised!" In many (OK, most) situations, Lucy Ricardo may have been a child herself, but she was a good and loving mom.
|Who says a mom can't spend the night in her baby's hospital room?|
6) Sam's mother always tips 15% in restaurants. Sam has worked in food service and is more judgmental, tipping between 10% and 25%, depending on the quality of the service. What's your tipping policy? Are you more like Sam or her mother? How do you handle tips for carry out or delivery during this Covid-19 crisis? Under normal circumstances, I'm more like Mrs. Winters and tip between 15% and 20%. During the crisis, I'm more generous. I'm lucky to be working and I know my favorite small, local businesses are suffering.
7) When the tip of her shoelace becomes frayed, Sam's mother snips off the end and then paints the tip with clear nail polish. Good as new! Sam thinks that's crazy because you can just buy new laces for less than $2. Are you more frugal like mother or spendthrift like daughter? I'm terrible with money.
8) Mother Winters loves how french vanilla smells and burns her Yankee Candles all year around. Do you use scented candles or air fresheners? I have an Airwick Freshmatic that "automatically delivers a burst of freshness" near the cats' litter box.
9) Sam is celebrating Mother's Day with her mother's favorite, Hershey Bars. Would you prefer classic milk chocolate, dark chocolate or chocolate with almonds? Milk chocolate with almonds.