Saturday, February 15, 2020

Saturday 9


Saturday 9: Secret Valentine (2008)
Hear it here.
 
1) The lyrics talk about a song that's so romantic it "turns out the lights." Are the lights on in the room you're in right now? Yes. There's a four-bulb fixture above my head right now.

2) In the video, our heroine's Valentine's Day adventure begins with a note slipped into her pocket. What's in your pocket right now? No pocket in my pjs.

3) This week's band, We the Kings, are proud sons of the state of Florida. Bradenton, to be exact. They even called one of their CDs Sunshine State of Mind. Have you ever been to Florida? If so, where have you visited? Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Tampa and Key West. (Miami, but only to change planes.)

4) Lead singer Travis Clark has a pierced lip but doesn't always wear a lip ring. Do you have any piercings? If yes, are you wearing jewelry in your piercing(s) right now? Just one in each ear, and right now I'm not wearing any jewelry.

5) The band's name comes from a cheer they did when they attended Martha B. King High School. Have you attended your high school reunion? Ew. Ick. No. Thinking of high school gives me PTSD.

6) Hearts are the symbol of Valentine's Day, so here's a little heart trivia: whales have largest heart of any animal. When we say a person is "big hearted," it means we think of them as generous. Think about the people in your life. Who would you describe as big hearted? My friend Mindy. She's top of mind because I'm seeing her today. A very nice woman, she sees the best in everyone.

7) It's estimated that 9 million people buy Valentine's Day presents for their dogs and cats. Have you ever purchased a holiday gift for a pet? Yes, but not my own. At Christmastime, I remember my niece's cats and my nephew's cats, as well (and his tortoise, Georgina, gets a kiwi).

8) Valentines to teachers are also big sellers. Did you ever have a crush on one of your instructors? Oh, yes! One of my 7th grade teachers was dreamy, with wavy black hair. He only lasted a year. I was heartbroken he wasn't there for 8th grade.

9) With the popularity of e-cards, fewer Valentine messages are sent via the USPS. What's the most recent thing you dropped into a mailbox? Payment for last month's doctor visit.

6 comments:

  1. #5--I'm sad it was so awful. My reunions have gotten better as we've gotten older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend Mindy sounds wonderful! Glad you got to see her. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet the tortoise looks forward to Xmas! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everybody needs a big hearted friend. P.S. I'm glad your friend kicked your ass. I mean that in a sincere "I care about you" way, even though I have no idea who you are aside from what I read here. (Also, that video of Mitt Romney plays every time I visit and then rolls over into another video, I don't know if you can cut that off but it starts all over each time I visit or comment. Good video, but the endless rotation of whatever is next . . . not so much.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you have a big-hearted friend. :) PTSD from high school...y-esssss!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We ll need supportive friends. Wht would we do without them?
    Middle school ws nightmre for me, except for music clss. nd I doubt I would go to high school reunion either. Just not my cup of te.
    **keybord letters missing nd sticking, not misspelling**

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.