Monday, December 16, 2019

A tourist in my own town

After my doctor's appointment, I went to Macy's. On State Street. At Christmastime. Just like every tourist who comes to Chicago in December.

Because I'm on vacation, I had time to enjoy it. And I did. I really noticed the decorations. I had fun checking out the windows, and snapping photos of a family who had traveled from downstate, just to see them.

Oh yeah, and I bought three pair of blue socks and a tiny box of Frango mints.

Christmas! I'm feeling it!


2 comments:

  1. Oh, look at the windows! I used to love going into Pittsburgh to see the windows in all the big department stores. We did take my aunt to see Kaufman's windows the last year before they changed over to Macy's...I've never heard if Macy's kept doing the windows. If they did, they are the only big store left. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a delightful way to get your holiday spirit! Those chocolate mints look delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.