Saturday, October 19, 2019

In praise of the new boy

Hamid has been with our agency less than a year. Maybe that's why he's still so enthusiastic and positive. Friday he did something very kind. I think the empathy is all his own.

While we work on all the same projects, we are in different departtments. Therefore we have different supervisors. We all received bad news two weeks ago, but Hamid's boss has been more sensitive and communicative about the situation and our future. He made a point of coming over to my desk on Friday afternoon to share this with me. He didn't want me to "go into the weekend worried."

I don't know that he alleviated the worry, but I was impressed by the kindness of the gesture.


1 comment:

  1. That is thoughtful. It seems so rare nowadays.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.