Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) Like the dream girl described in this song, Sam is wearing jeans as she composes this Saturday 9. Is there a lot of denim in your wardrobe? It's my go-to. Every day.
3) He refers to his girl as "Mona Lisa with a pony tail." The Mona Lisa is also at the Louvre. What's the last museum you visited? I began Christmas Day with a visit to the Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory. Does that count?
5) Jimmy Clanton spent his entire professional life behind a microphone. After he quit selling records, he began spinning them as a DJ. Do you consider the sound of your voice one of your better qualities? No. I hate my voice.
6) At age 80, Mr. Clanton still performs. He averaged an appearance/month in 2018. Some of his fans were surprised that he has let his pompadour go completely white. Do you color your hair? No. (My stylist colors it for me.)
7) In 1962, when this song was popular, Americans were reading about 5-year-old First Daughter, Caroline Kennedy, and her pony, Macaroni. Tell us about a pet you had when you were very young. Tommy. He was a wonderful cat. Mostly white, with one black ear and a black tail. We were great pals. We went everywhere together.
8) Decades later, Caroline Kennedy was the first woman to serve as US Ambassador to Japan. Have you ever been to Asia? Nope
9) Random question: When talking among themselves, who do you think is more open and honest about sex -- men or women? Women.