Monday, December 10, 2018

Engaging, entertaining and a bit uncomfortable


Can You Ever Forgive Me?, will hold your interest. That's noteworthy considering the subject matter: a misanthropic, underemployed writer resorts to plagiarism to pay the bills. No romance, no car chases. It does have a very cool soundtrack and a rather daring central performance by Melissa McCarthy as real-life author Lee Israel.

And bad housekeeping and cats.

I'm not a lesbian and I don't drink as much as Lee, and I don't recall anyone ever complaining that my home has smelled, but ... I got home to my cluttered and dusty apartment, saw my suitcase in the living room where it's been since November 1, and clucked at myself. Then I took a nap.

Really. Next week, I'm going to do some housework. Honest to God!




1 comment:

  1. I would like to see this just for Melissa McCarthy's range.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.