Thursday, August 09, 2018

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 8

Today's happiness: Cubbie symmetry. Wednesday was August 8.

August 8, 1988 is a big deal in Wrigley Field history. It was the end of one era and the beginning of another as the Chicago Cubs became the last MLB club to have lights in their home ballpark.

Opening Night: Chicago Tribune photo
 
My current favorite Cub -- and definitely one of my most loved EVER! -- Anthony Rizzo was born on August 8, 1989. Being the fabulous human he is, he is commemorating his 29th birthday with a fundraiser at a local grocery store chain. We're invited to donate a $1 to his pediatric cancer foundation at checkout. (Of course I did! He's Rizz!)


August 8 and August 8, just one year apart. Clearly Anthony Rizzo was born to be a Cub!


via GIPHY

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.



 

1 comment:

  1. I mentioned him in a conversation yesterday--you've made me a fan, too!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.