Sunday, July 15, 2018

Fabulous!

Saturday, I saw Joan Crawford rock the hell out of a pair of glasses.


My movie group watched Humoresque, a 1945 film starring Crawford as a bored, horny socialite and John Garfield as the gifted violinist she "sponsors." The movie itself was pretty soapy, and since I truly can't stand classical music, the score left me cold. But I loved the lush black-and-white cinematography, and Crawford looked great in frames that she could have ordered from Warby Parker.

The joy I got from this little detail makes me hope I can get myself to The TCM Film Festival this coming spring. It's a wallow for classic film fans, and I think I would enjoy it extravagantly.

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.