Sunday, April 08, 2018

April Challenge -- Day 8

Learn more

A book you love, and one you didn't.


Looking over the books I read last year, there was one I enjoyed way more than I expected to, and a book I expected to love that I found unreadable.

I loved Prince Charles by Sally Bedell Smith. It was a sympathetic portrait of a man it's not easy to like, and a peek into a world that's as restrictive as it is privileged.

I hated Chaos by Patricia Cornwell. Dr. Kay Scarpetta is such a compelling character, and Cornwell can write so well, that this book made me mad. Kay behaves like no human would ever behave. Cornwell returns to the well one too many times when it came to the villain. I didn't even finish it.


If you're interested in seeing the April Challenge prompts and joining in, click here.

1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.